Thursday, April 8, 2010

April - GTD and Toodledo #5: Initial challenges

So far, the summary of this project is that I've put all my current stuff in, worked off the list briefly and then worked on fires and interruptions.  At the time, it all seemed like very rational decisions to focus on the items at hand, but really, I acknowledged that each time was a tiny little cop out.  I did know better and did it anyway - this isn't so much learning a new tool as it is changing personal habits.

Also noticed:
Some things popped up that weren't caught in the big sweep, or initial capture.  These hit me like grenades of unhandled obligation and caused mini-panic.

So, after skipping 6 days of proper entries, I'm going to hit the reset button again, the only difference between this time and many times before is that I'm logging it now.  This makes it harder to ignore the realities and forces 20-20 hindsight.  That hindsight is currently aware that there was no real, hard outside barrier to making this change, and all the reasons for doing it remain, standing patiently.

Round two...

GTD and Toodledo 30 day project

No comments:

Post a Comment