Monday, March 29, 2010

April - GTD and Toodledo #1: Setting up the project

Setting up the project is both required for success and dangerous.  It's required for success for obvious reasons - it's dangerous because of my tendency to focus too much on the process and technical elements than simply 'doing the work'.  So I'll need to monitor myself and not spend too much time on setup.

Here's how I'm taking on the project:
I'm already familiar with Getting Things Done (GTD): The Art of Stress-Free Productivity.
I'm already a pro subscriber at Toodledo.com

Knowing the GTD system, and knowing my affinity for technology and habits of spontaneous ideas, I need the mobile capture mechanism to work and it's not set up.  This is a system that lets me add an item to my to do queue via SMS.  This will help me keep track of things without multiple pieces of paper, which get lost anyway.  Off to set it up....Done.  Not too hard.

GTD and Toodledo project home page

No comments:

Post a Comment